2015 Board of Directors Meeting - January 22 - On Line GoToMeeting

• 13 Replies

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
on: December 03, 2014, 11:03:49 AM
Happy New Year - 2015 -  The Draft Agenda for the Thursday, January 22 Meeting and reports are posted below  Please contact me with any Agenda changes-Motions in Reports so I can move your topic from the Consent Agenda to discussion.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MEETING:
1.  Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/793169797

2.  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.  Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (646) 749-3112
Access Code: 793-169-797
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 793-169-797

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®
Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your iPhone®, iPad®, Android® or Windows Phone® device via the GoToMeeting app.

Please note the Board Report Guidelines adapted from S. Woodmansee, 2011.
Please check the Retreat Site as there are only 6 spaces left at Archbold for overnight stays.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:40:03 PM by Anne Cox »
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

Karina Veaudry

• FNPS members
  • Landscape Committee Chair
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 09:42:41 AM
Landscape Committee Report Attached
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:07:07 PM by Karina Veaudry »

Karina Veaudry

• FNPS members
  • Landscape Committee Chair
Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 08:06:33 PM
Attached is the Motion to Approve Funding for Hometown Habitat Film featuring Doug Tallamy.

Shirley Denton

• Administrator
  • Communications Committee Chair
    • www.ShirleyDenton.com
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 10:14:37 AM
I am introducing a proposed policy statement of use of the Society name and logo.  It would supplant the current policy which is both overly restrictive and not consistent with FNPS usage of its own logos.

It  allows uses that should be beneficial to FNPS without requiring BOD approval (for example, links from FANN websites to FNPS).

It sets standards for quality (no warping the logo, no messing up the quality of the graphics, etc.) but allows more flexibility in color (for example, it has no problem with the popular variants of the logo that have a colored border and colored background).

This policy also includes some policy on the subject of usage on stationary and usage of the FNPS name and acronym.
Shirley Denton

JulietRynear

Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 08:25:20 PM
Conservation Committee report

Kim Zarillo

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Treasurer
  • Treasurer
Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 03:43:55 PM
Treasurer report Jan. 2015 attached
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:46:21 PM by Kim Zarillo »

Debbie Chayet

• FNPS members
Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 04:05:22 PM
Attached please find the report from VP Administration. Thanks.
Debbie

DHigginbotham

Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 08:31:40 PM
Attached is the Finance Committee report to the board for the January 22 2015 meeting.  The FNPS Membership Committee (a sub-committee of the Finance Committee) has been reviewing and rewriting the Membership application and would like to present their revisions to the Board which are also attached.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:11:14 PM by Devon Higginbotham »

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 12:50:17 PM
Posted is the President's Report. Please read the Motion for a President Elect for FNPS in the Report

I am thrilled and excited about all the Communication and the Committee meetings that are being held to move FNPS Forward in 2015.  We have a new Chair of the Membership Sub-Committee, Jonnie Spitler, Nature Coast Chapter, who has taken on this committee with gusto.  Please welcome Jonnie to the FNPS leadership.

Thanks to all for working so hard for FNPS for preservation, conservation and restoration of our native plants and plant communities.

"see" you at the Meeting on Thursday, Jan 22 at 7:00 PM 
Anne
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

Eugene Kelly

• Board of Directors
  • Policy Committee Chair
Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 07:30:17 PM
Please review the attached report and draft principles for Amendment 1implementation.  The Board will be asked to comment and vote for approval of a final draft of the principles.

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 09:38:29 PM
Attached is a summary of the Everglades 30th Annual Conference, January 9, 2015 from Joan Bausch, Cocoplum Chapter, Martin County. Joan is the FNPS representative to the Everglades Coalition (EVCO) and attends the meetings and is well known and respected by EVCO members.  This summary is also posted on the Forum, at the end under Everglades Coalition. 
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

Marlene Rodak

• FNPS members
  • Conference Committee Chair
  • 2014 Conference Chair
Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 12:10:57 PM
So sorry for the delay.  I'm still getting caught up around here.

Attached is the conference committee report.  I had to keep it in Word format.  Sorry.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Otherwise, I'll talk to you tonight.

Marlene

Richard Brownscombe

• Chapter Council
  • Coontie Chapter Rep
    • Broward Website
Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 12:56:52 PM
Sorry for this LATE report. I was asked to make a formal Board Report conforming to the report format. This is my first such.

This is a workgroup report under the Council of Chapters' three 2014-15 Initiatives aligned with the FNPS strategic plan.
This is the Council Landscape Initiative, also known as the Landscaping 101 Project (yes, we altered the title).

Richard, workgroup lead, Landscaping 101 Project

PS: The errant attachment is fixed.
Please visit the Council website now and then, the Initiatives tab, for information and updates regarding the Council Initiatives:
http://council.fnpschapters.org/index.php?id=council-subcommittee
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:00:37 PM by Richard Brownscomb »
Richard Brownscombe
Broward Chapter

Julie Becker

• Chapter Council
  • Tarflower Chapter Rep
Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 05:37:10 PM
Council of Chapters Report
 see also  Richard's Report on Their groups progress