2016 By Laws Revision 1-24-2016

• 4 Replies

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
on: February 07, 2016, 03:19:12 PM
Attached are then  2016 ByLaws Recommendations by the ByLaws Committee.  Members include Jan Allyn, Daphne Lambright and Carol Sullivan.

Board members, please comment and post your comments below.  There will be a link from the FNPS Board meeting Feb 18 to this site for reviews.

Anne Cox posted for Daphne Lambright
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

Anne Cox

• FNPS members
  • FNPS Past President
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 04:47:26 PM
Thanks  Jan, Daphne and Carol for all your work on this.  Attached are my comments. Anne
Anne C. Cox, Ph.D.

JulietRynear

Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 10:56:43 PM
I agree with Dave Feagles recommendation that the By Laws should be revised to remove the term limits for FNPS members serving in the positions of Secretary and Treasurer.  These are difficult positions to fill and require members who are able to attend many, many meetings and have the expertise required to perform the tasks required of them.

Winnie Said

Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:07:50 AM
Draft bylaws 1-24-2016
10.024   The President shall be limited to one two-year term, and the Vice President of Administration, Vice President of Finance, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be limited to two consecutive two-year terms. Retiring Officers are immediately eligible to be nominated for a different office. Retired Officers are eligible for appointment to an un-expired term or nomination to the same office after one year.

Proposed change
The Secretary shall be limited to three consecutive two-year terms.

Respectfully submitted,
Winnie Said

JulietRynear

Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 03:49:23 PM
After the discussion at the last Board meeting, I agree with Winnie's proposal above.  That we keep the current term limits for the Treasurer and change the limits for the Secretary.

I agree with all other proposed revisions 1-24-2016 document.