Miami-Dade Urban Services Boundary & recent events> HOLD the LINE sign on letter

• 0 Replies

Joan Bausch

on: May 14, 2008, 11:44:20 AM
Hello, As FNPS Rep I received this letter requesting FNPS support. Prior to the hearing of the issue (in April) I had signed us on to a letter to the Miami-Dade Commissioners. Now the HOLD THE LINE group is seeking our support  (sign on to the letter- see below/attached)  for a letter to DCA Chman Pelham and other leaders. We need to sign on by Friday. I will bring up at the BOD meeting Thursday evening.

The main reason to sign on is to add our weight along with all the other organizations who have signed on to the letter previously. As you see from the section of the letter quoted below>>> :o  the eyes of Congress are upon us. How serious is Florida about preserving, conserving and restoring the Everglades?

"Our organizations maintain our original objections to these commercial developments outside the UDB, as they were adopted in the same form as originally proposed and reviewed by your Department. beyond that, we are especially concerned about jeopardizing federal funding for public transit and CERP.  Members of Florida’s Congressional delegation have criticized recent State budget cuts to CERP as imperiling Congress’ commitment to restoring the Everglades."

Regards, Joan